Digital Designer (Southampton Football Club)
- Digital will be the focus of the role but we are also looking for a candidate who is comfortable designing layouts and final artwork for repro materials such as adverts, literature and posters that have a high visual impact.
- You will be able to design and artwork in line with corporate guidelines and build relationships with internal departments to understand their needs and making design decisions accordingly.
- In your role you will effectively manage multiple briefs at a time, prioritising where necessary and providing updates to the Digital & Marketing team and relevant contacts.
- We are looking for the ultimate team player who can maintain the reputation for innovative content, brand personality, and quality design for which we have become known.
- The successful candidate will immerse themselves in the trends of digital design and will use innovation and technology to influence their designs.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working within a pressurised environment.
- A genuine passion with experience of high end design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Web Design or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Online portfolio is a must.
- Adobe CS 6 for Mac (Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Well-versed in video-editing using Adobe Premiere & After Effects and/or Final Cut Pro.
- Strong email design abilities and digital content creation.
- Ability to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life.
- Deadline oriented and results driven, thrives in a high pressure environment.
- Self-starter who is eager to help devise design ideas and run brainstorms to embrace good ideas from other members of the organization.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- An understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality with all work related matters.
- Have a passion for and strong sense of current events and pop culture, particularly as they relate to the city of Southampton.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, moving seamlessly between team activities and tasks – coming up with creative ideas, turning those ideas into fast-moving micro-content, and distributing to the digital team.
- Exceptional communication skills within both internal and external stakeholders.
- Personable; with an ability to build relationships easily.
- If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- Two Season Tickets.
- 22 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.