Commercial Media Content Officer (Southampton Football Club)
- You will work closely with the Club’s Marketing and Partnership teams to produce engaging and entertaining material for the club’s website (www.southamptonfc.com) and social channels, optimising the return on investment for the club’s existing commercial partnerships.
- In the role you will lead on producing regular and engaging content for the various communication channels with a primary focus of delivering bespoke content for club partners, while being the link between the Club’s content creation team and our partners’ creative/content teams and agencies.
- You will generate innovative ideas and assist the Head of Media and Media Relations Officer with the co-ordination of partnership launches, related press conferences and other media events.
- We are looking for a candidate who has a strong understanding of the football and commercial environments, with a passion and desire for journalism within such industries.
- You will need to be creative, have an exceptional eye for detail and be willing to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced and progressive work environment.
- You will need to be proficient in content writing, editing and reviewing and also have a good on-camera and off-camera presence for interviews with players and management.
- The successful candidate will be fully aware of the digital media landscape and be fully competent in the strengths and opportunities of social media platforms and content management systems.
- A minimum of three years’ employment in media or related field.
- (Desirable) Undergraduate journalism qualification.
- (Desirable) NCTJ journalism certificate.
- Strong understanding of football and commercial environments.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality content for high profile brands with a commercial focus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Strong forward-planning skills with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Clear understanding of the digital media landscape, with experience of social media, content management systems and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Adobe Photoshop).
- Comfortable with dealing with high-profile figures and classified information.
- (Desirable) Experience of using video editing packages (for example, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier Pro).
- If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- Two Season Tickets.
- 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.