Assistant Product Marketing Manager in Health & Beauty
The Business specialise in own label and exclusive brand development in the health and beauty category in UK and northern Europe.
- Reporting into the Product Manager, you will support the team in managing and growing major retail accounts and ensuring smooth running of those accounts.
- Creating internal and external presentations from a brief such as business reviews tracking sales trends and market trend analysis.
- Use of internet based system to track product sales/promotions and impact analysis.
- Preparation of sales reports for the customer with a focus on analysis.
- Managing the proofing product artwork process and carrying out proofing.
- Detailed stock management and analysis, liaising with production sites and sales and supply department to ensure stock levels are maintained.
- Understanding, tracking and updating customer project critical paths as they progress and undertaking key tasks to move the project forward.
- Supporting with the launch of new products & re-launches.
- Pack changes and associated administration / updating artwork in line with legislation changes.
- Colour matching and approving new components.
- Developing new product claims and pack copy working with the Technical Manager.
- Develop a basic understanding of technical issues.
- Keeping up to date with market trends and how these influence and affect the accounts.
- Supporting Product Manager in day to day communication with customers and answering customer queries.
- Working with all other departments – technical, business development, sales and supply and finance to help ensure the smooth running of the accounts.
- General administration & cover for the team administrator when absent.
- Sourcing packaging.
- Using SAP on a day to day basis to support the administration of the account.
- Carrying out practical duties – e.g. dye outs, decanting, sample preparation.
- Completing customer paperwork and processes for launching new products.
- Graduate calibre with some commercial experience in an office environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and confidence with Excel spreadsheets
- Powerpoint & presentation skills
- Polite and confident telephone manner
- An interest in retail and the hair care and sun care market
- Full UK driving licence with use of car and willingness to travel overseas to Europe on occasion when required
- £21,500 + annual performance bonus,
- private healthcare after 1 year,
- pension plan,
- life assurance scheme,
- flexi time working