Graduate Programme 2018 - Operations and Design
Why DS Smith?
We are a FTSE 100 company and leaders in the packaging industry
We are a provider of sustainable corrugated packaging solutions across Europe and in the US. We also operate a network of paper and recycling businesses and we are a supplier of specialist plastic packaging worldwide
We are trusted as a partner by the most prestigious companies and brands in a wide range of sectors including FMCG, industrial and e-commerce
Our business model is based on sustainability; we are Europe’s biggest recycler and have a unique supply cycle strategy
In the last five years, we have doubled in size and are continually growing, both organically and by acquisition, successfully gaining access to new markets and customers
With revenue of £4.8 billion and 30,000 colleagues across 250 sites in 37 countries, we offer varied and exciting careers.
Are you ambitious? Do you see yourself as a leader in the making? Are you curious enough to take on different roles across Europe and tenacious enough to be successful at them all? If so, the DS Smith Packaging Graduate Programme may be just right for you.
We offer a two year programme during which you will work on three different assignments, each lasting eight months. Each placement gives you the opportunity to work with different teams, in different functions and in various locations internationally.
- You will acquire in-depth knowledge of DS Smith and its exceptionally dynamic working environment and gain a broad exposure to our business and functions.
- You will gain solid professional experience working on live projects and developing your management skills.
- Given our international footprint, we offer real international career opportunities; the programme is designed so that at least one of your assignments is outside of your home country.
- You’ll have exposure to the leaders of our organisation and you’ll have great networking opportunities with them, and also with other graduates
- This program has been designed to offer early talents the opportunity to rapidly move into managerial roles within our business.
What support will I get?
As part of the Programme, you will complete a High Impact Leadership Programme which will take your academic and practical leadership development to a higher level. You will be paired with a Mentor who will support you during your Graduate journey at DS Smith.
Embark on a very exciting and rewarding journey.
DS Smith is looking for ambitious recent graduates who have leadership potential, a track record of achievement and a strong interest in pursuing a career in a dynamic and challenging manufacturing company. Key criteria for the Programme:
- A strong academic record, you will be studying towards or have graduated with a university degree and ideally some relevant work experience
- You must be internationally mobile for the duration of the programme and in respect of future career development opportunities
- You must be fluent in English and ideally one other European language
- We are looking for graduates who want to develop a career in Operations, Supply Chain, Innovation, E-commerce and Design.
- Available to join DS Smith Packaging from October 2018.