Mechanical Engineering Industrial Placement Scheme
Interested in a career in the nuclear industry? Sellafield Ltd currently has vacancies for our 12 month Industrial Placement Scheme at our Warrington design office and the Sellafield operational site. We are looking for talented Mechanical Engineering students with a keen interest in the nuclear sector. Applicants should preferably be on an MEng course and have completed a minimum of two years of university.
You’ll be given true responsibility on major projects that contribute to our present challenge and future mission. Learning and development isn’t just for our permanent people, it’s part of our DNA, and you will have many high-calibre formal training opportunities.
What will accelerate your development most rapidly is the people you work with. We have the greatest concentration of PhDs in the UK. We have industry-leaders (and world-leaders) with decades of experience to share and a passion for supporting the next generation.
- Apply the skills and engineering knowledge obtained at university within a working environment, helping you to develop in to a professional engineer
- Use the experiences gained on placement to work towards Chartership
- Work in a design or plant support team and face challenges at the site responsible for the decommissioning of the UK’s nuclear legacy
- Gaining valuable experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Get a head start in the nuclear industry. If you have a successful placement with us, students will be considered for entry on to our graduate scheme
- Benefit from graduate-level support and personal development opportunities through one of the UK’s longest standing and respected accredited company training schemes
- Get involved with the large graduate and nuclear community at Sellafield Ltd.