The SUP Company was formed in 2014 with the mission of delivering customer service excellence and unrivaled choice to the World of Stand Up Paddle boarding. Through it’s a bricks and mortar store and large online presence, The SUP Company maintains its leadership of this fast paced and growing market. Located in Southampton, Hampshire The SUP Company has become the one stop shop amongst avid paddle boarder’s in the UK and Europe. For further information go to: www.thesupco.com
At The SUP Company we believe in paddle boarding. Each of the products we offer are selected by placing Stand Up Paddle boarding at the heart of everything we do. Our Southampton Store is an all-encompassing experience, upon which paddle boarders can rely for expert advice regarding boards, paddles, accessories, wear as well as the opportunity to test over 50 different boards on the River Itchen adjacent to the store and at our onsite lake.
Owing to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for a Sales Consultant to join our retail team at our Southampton store.
- Offer the ‘The SUP Company experience’ to all our customers.
- Greet and converse with customers, identifying the customer’s needs.
- Ensure customer queries are answered promptly and completely in person, on the telephone as well as online chat and in email
- Build rapport with customers to encourage return visits.
- Process transactions and other till related tasks.
- Merchandise and maintain general housekeeping in the store.
- Assist in the packaging of eCommerce orders.
- Represent The SUP Company at events.
- Retail experience working within the premium sporting goods sector is preferred.
- A passion for water-sports and Stand Up Paddle boarding and an understanding of what motivates sportspeople and paddle boarders specifically.
- First class customer service skills.
- The ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and aiming for excellence in delivery.
- Available to work weekends and flexible working hours.
- A competitive salary + performance related bonus.
- A product allowance & access to preferential pricing.
- The opportunity to make your mark at an exciting and growing company.