National Legal Trainee Scheme 2018
The CPS National Legal Trainee Scheme is open to those who wish to complete their pupillage or period of recognised training (PRT) with the CPS. There are two different roles on offer in the scheme – a pupil barrister and a trainee solicitor.
Upon successful qualification Legal Trainees will be offered permanent posts, graded as Crown Prosecutors, with the expectation that they will gain the necessary skills and competence to apply for Senior Crown Prosecutor posts through regular recruitment procedures.
- Candidates must have a minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree. This does not have to be in Law. Equivalent undergraduate degrees will be considered e.g. degrees completed in another country. Candidates with a degree in a subject other than Law will also have needed to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or Common Professional Examination (CPE).
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide supporting evidence of their eligibility regarding qualifications, within the specified application deadline.
- Candidates are also required to have successfully completed, or be due to complete, the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) or Legal Practice Course (LPC) to enable them to start with the CPS in November 2018.
- This qualification must be successfully completed, with results provided to the CPS Resourcing Team by Monday 22nd October 2018 at the latest. If candidates are unable to provide confirmation of passing their BPTC / LPC by this time then they will be removed from the process.
- Please declare on your application form; your undergraduate degree classification as well as which vocational course (BPTC or LPC) you are due to complete. This must be stated under the Qualifications History section - for the BPTC / LPC and you should select 'Other'. If you do not state this on the application form then it will be assumed you do not hold the correct qualifications meaning that you are ineligible to apply.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- 8 Bank Holidays plus 1 Privilege Day
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- Flexible Working
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle2work Scheme
- Employee savings including ticket discounts, shopping voucher discounts, holiday offers
- Employee Assistance Programme offering legal and personal advice
- Access to Benenden Health
- Civil Service Pension