Commercial Team Placement at Sony Pictures Entertainment
7 days left
- Full Time
Based in Soho, London, this is an exciting opportunity for a student, looking for a year in industry as part of their degree, to experience the fast-paced multinational environment of commercial film distribution. Placed within the Home Entertainment division of Sony Pictures, the role will have opportunities to develop and involvement in a mixture of prospecting, writing commercial proposals, account management and formulating strategic ideas.
Through a combination of training and experience, by the end of the placement we would expect that you will be competent at opening sales leads and account managing clients. This begins with ensuring industry insight garnered over the course of the placement is taken into account when making decisions and allocating resources.
Time spent cross functionally with the insights team, finance, legal and marketing will also result in the ability to make informed commercial decisions. When commercial deals have been launched there will be the opportunity to work with other teams in the business to analyse results and determine tangible outputs and learnings, a skill essential across most industries.
International Licensing territories – Account Management and Support – 70%
- Liaising with digital clients (e.g. iTunes, Google) around title updates and release scheduling for EMEA territories
- Working with digital clients in executing promotional activity to drive catalogue sales and programming SPHE systems to enable accurate execution
- Title updates to EMEA Licensing stakeholders – including distribution of marketing assets
- Maintaining sales and theatrical title performance tracking schedules
- Working with physical distribution partners across EMEA to co-ordinate product configuration, artwork and title scheduling
- Business development project around consumer insight and consumption patterns, particularly among younger demographics
- Tracking of digital pricing and promotional activity for SPHE and competitor product across EMEA territories
3rd party partnerships – commercial prospecting, strategy and general sales support – 30%
- Researching sectors, companies and key contacts to target for potential third-party partnerships across the EMEA with a focus on strategic priority territories, using a variety of tools including LinkedIn
- Sending engaging introduction emails to key targets with the objective of securing telephone or face to face meetings. This requires a level of creative writing that utilises Sony Pictures’ film assets to excite prospects
- Arranging meetings with prospects, including the preparation of presentation materials and film trailers
- Shadowing the business development team to gain an understanding of the sales process and the value propositions that are presented
- Managing post meeting follow up actions, including presentation packs and any requested information. This will require working cross functionally with the marketing and insight teams to compile local market information
- Supporting the wider commercial team to brainstorm new ideas, keeping abreast of relevant news and looking at new ways to engage customers across the EMEA region
- Building and maintaining ongoing tracking documents as needed
- Whilst there is no prerequisite degree for the role, you will demonstrate a passion for business and the entertainment industry, as well be a keen strategic thinker and confident communicator.
- You should also be able to meet and demonstrate the following criteria:
- Excellent organisation, attention to detail and planning skills
- Demonstrable analytical and numeracy skills
- Creative flair and passion
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen sense of ‘process’ & entrepreneurial approach
- Innovative with confidence to take initiative and run projects
- Task and results orientated
- MS Office Suite required, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Over the course of the placement, we will aim to give you a solid grounding in the key elements of the home entertainment industry, giving you the ability and confidence to pinpoint new business opportunities and articulate value propositions with potential clients.
- Other Key Development and training offered:
- Induction sessions with key areas of the business to ensure a working knowledge of the company and industry
- Actively take part in departmental strategic brainstorming sessions
- Weekly one to one sessions with line manager to receive constant feedback
- Opportunity to meet with senior UK management to get a high level view of the industry