Product Marketing Internship at Sony Pictures Entertainment
6 days left
- Full Time
Based in Soho, London, this is an exciting opportunity suited to an undergraduate student, looking for a year in industry as part of their degree, to experience the fast-paced multinational environment of commercial film distribution.
- Manage physical and digital product configuration and design approvals
- Work with LA office to facilitate localised product assets and create bespoke assets to be used across retail and media platforms
- Work alongside Customer Marketing for execution of key account priorities including timely supply of assets to digital accounts.
- Drive development of sales assets including trade ads, sales presentations and materials in line with marketing positioning
- Carry out Photoshop ad-hoc design jobs for marketing & online teams
Scheduling & Internal Information Flow
- Monitoring competitive activity and maintaining the release schedule for our titles
- Maintenance and distribution of FY Planning Calendar: monthly updates to SPHE & competitor theatrical and Home Ent release dates, events and drafting opportunities
- Create and update various spreadsheets for the home entertainment department
- Creation of regular meeting assets and reports
Financial planning & budget management
- Responsible for raising and tracking Purchase Orders
- Induction sessions with key areas of the business to ensure a working knowledge of the company and industry
- Weekly one to one sessions with line manager to receive constant feedback
- Placement days with all key agencies across the marketing mix (Media, Creative, PR) to ensure a working knowledge of the disciplines
- Opportunity to meet with senior UK management to get a high level view of the industry
- Start: July 2018
- Whilst there is no prerequisite degree for the role, you will demonstrate a passion for marketing and the entertainment industry, as well have a keen creative eye and be a confident communicator.
- You should also be able to meet and demonstrate the following criteria:
- Excellent organisation, attention to detail and planning skills
- Demonstrable analytical and numeracy skills.
- Creative flair and passion
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen sense of ‘process’ & entrepreneurial approach.
- Process improvement and innovation.
- Task and results orientated.
- MS Office Suite required, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Advanced Photoshop proficiency required
- Placed within the Home Entertainment division of Sony Pictures, the role will have opportunities for development and involvement in a mixture of customer marketing product management, consumer marketing, tracking and finance and creative development.
- Over the course of the placement we will aim to give you a solid grounding in the key elements of the home entertainment industry, giving you the ability and confidence to release product to market yourself and work with retailers and the sales team.
- Through a combination of training and experience gained from the product management support areas of the role, by the end of the placement we would expect that you will be competent in managing a marketing budget and P&L for smaller releases.
- This begins with ensuring industry insight garnered over the course of the placement is taken into account when planning for any campaign or product release.
- Time spent with Media, PR and creative agencies will result in the ability to manage ATL and BTL budget for titles, including media, social, PR + promotions, creative and POS.
- When campaigns have been run and products released there will be the opportunity to work with other teams in the business to analyse results and determine tangible outputs and learnings, a skill essential across most industries.