Graduate 2018 - Construction Management
- Full Time
Mace was founded on a belief that the construction industry would benefit from a more open and collaborative approach and we've become a leader in construction delivery by adhering to that founding principle. We see ourselves as more than just construction experts. We are our clients’ partner in the truest sense, and as a result, our approach is to constantly challenge conventional thinking and relentlessly push for smarter, faster and more efficient ways to deliver while always working with integrity to ensure we uphold high ethical standards on every project.
Mace has delivered over 500 construction management projects. Today, construction management accounts for nearly 70% of the overall capital cost of our projects.
- Construction managers work out on site and they are responsible for ensuring a project is delivered safely and to the highest quality standards.
- A construction manager will be involved from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to project handover.
- Assisting in the production of short term construction plans
- Assisting with the procurement of trade/sub-contractors
- Assisting in project start up and preconstruction stages
- Assisting in the daily control, management and coordination of site activity
- Keeping a detailed diary of works planned and actually carried out by trade/sub-contractors
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary
- Establishing key relationships with trade/ sub-contractors
- Contributing to site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
- Dealing with any problems on site and monitoring risks
- Ensuring health & safety is adhered to, including site inspections and conducting site inductions.
- Graduates working in construction management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), depending on your degree.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained) in a construction related degree, including Civil, Structural and Architectural Engineering.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
- The ability to build excellent relationships with colleagues and labourers on site, adding value to teams
- The ability to plan and prioritise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A drive to achieve results Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A proactive approach to solving problems.
Please note that some opportunities may close earlier than on Solent Graduate Jobs.