Graduate 2018 - Building Surveying
Mace offers a wide range of consultancy services and is employed by clients for industry leading expertise, including Building Surveying services. Our Building Surveying service provides independent, impartial, specialist advice on a wide range of areas including building surveys, party wall instructions, defect diagnosis, conservation and restoration and many more.
We aim to provide sound, bespoke advice, enabling our clients to make confident informed decisions on all technical aspects of acquisition, development, ownership, occupation and disposal of assets through tailored report formats, and with the opportunity to have exposure to all areas of building surveying.
- Support in the preparation and submission of tender documents
- Assisting in the preparation and administration of contracts
- Supporting the preparation of schedules of works
- Supporting the delivery of building surveying services including condition and building surveys, party wall, defect analysis and dilapidation matters.
- Monitoring project progress and updating relevant parties
- Supporting in the production of cost assessments
- Monitoring health and safety on projects
- Attending client meetings
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained), in an RICS accredited Building Surveying degree.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the roles and responsibilities of project teams
- The ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please note that some opportunities may close earlier than on Solent Graduate Jobs.