Ticketmaster International, a Live Nation Entertainment company, is currently seeking an ambitious, highly motivated, creative and well-organized Design Intern to join the International Product Design team.
- This is a paid, 6-month position (March – Early September 2018). The role is open to recent graduates looking for a 6-month or less placement. Candidates in accredited digital design programs with focus in user experience (UX) and/or user interface (UI) design are preferred.
- You will work with UI & UX designers, digital designers, product managers, marketing managers, and front-end engineers to provide product design, marketing design, and research support on a wide range of projects across our broad international product portfolio: Enterprise-scale, e-commerce sites (B2C and C2C), white label ticketing solutions (B2B), client-servicing web applications (B2B), and native mobile apps (B2C and B2B).
- You will need to be open to an almost start-up mentality (but with the resources and scale of a big company!). You will be expected to prioritize within a busy environment, while having the willingness to learn and adapt to how this complex company works. You will work with the UI Manager and senior members of the team to help them serve as ambassadors of user-centric, modern design across the business.
- You have a promising introductory portfolio of innovative, easy-to-use websites, mobile applications, and/or marketing design work.
- Previous experience with consumer-facing transactional sites, responsive sites, or software product design is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Ability to code or prototype is a bonus.
- Strong conceptual, design, and/or typography skill are expected.
- The most important factors we are looking for are: 1) Creativity; 2) Solid design education or background; 3) Ability to work and think independently; 4) Ability to understand and manage complexity; 5) Ability to problem solve (nothing is unachievable!); and 6) Aptitude for learning, and 7) Handling multiple projects at once. We are looking for do-ers, not whiners with a sense of entitlement.
- Graduates Bachelor's degree or Design qualification in a digital design discipline
- Basic grounding in principals, methodology and practices of UI Design with a thoughtful portfolio showcasing one or more of the following skills, i.e. Pattern Libraries / Style guides / user experience / mobile design / responsive design / web design
- Intermediate level knowledge (minimum) of industry standard design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), etc. expected
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word is a must
- Must have a design portfolio showcasing website, mobile, and/or other UX design skills