Air Operations & Planning Co-ordinator - Placement / Internship
To assist the Land & Air Operations Executive with the daily management of group blocks & allocations and airline contracts including fare loading & pricing. Also to provide support with the generation of reports on departmental performance and air helpdesk with daily duties.
- Review & manage allocation & group block space.
- Handle seat costs including child fare & cancellation refunds for committed space.
- Monitor seat sales to ensure space is not oversold & manage capacity limits.
- Identify where additional capacity is required.
- Manage the sourcing & acquisition of group space & allocation top ups.
- Review the release of unused allocations & groups to avoid penalties.
- Monitor and close out invalid routes or peak dates of travel.
- Manage GDS (Amadeus) booking queue, including schedule changes in conjunction with cruise departure and arrival times.
- Weekly upload of allocation manifests.
- Compile weekly reports for out of date range flights for the Air Team to action.
- Reconcile Invoices with Airline Partners.
- Update weekly & monthly airline & air department performance reports and communicate to senior personnel and Sales Team.
- Maintain & update airline information on the company intranet.
- Maintain & update process documents for job functions.
- Assist with competitor analysis of airfares, product and route offerings.
- Assist air helpdesk with daily duties.
- Assist with administration of the staff travel system and policies.
- Assist with testing and development of new booking systems and procedures.
- Assist with contracting and loading of land and ancillary products including rail, coaching, car parking and insurance.
- Point of contact for EU land enquires; liaison with US office to manage and communicate stop sells for land product; troubleshooting system issues.
- Any other ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
- All interns are required to fulfil reception cover for holidays, sickness and lunch times.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise & deliver to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure & use own initiative.
- Flexible in working hours.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate including knowledge or Word & a good understanding of Excel including the use of pivot tables & formulae.
- Keen interest/knowledge of the airline and/or travel industry.
We are conducting the Assessment Day with the selected candidates on 15th March 2018 in Southampton, so please keep the day free.