Our succesful client based in Birmingham City Centre are looking for a Payroll Administrator to join their expanding team.
They are seeking a passionate individual to be an intergral member of the HR Department by taking full ownership of all payroll activity and administration, offering an efficient and proactive service to the HR team, line management and all employees.
This is a standalone, independent role but you will be working in a busy department in an open office environment and discretion is essential.
- Processing payroll for over 1,000 employees and ensuring payments are made accurately
- Accurately and timely inputting of new starters, leavers and changes to terms enabling accurate payment on the due date each Period
- Calculating and processing overtime
- Expense claims processing in line with Company policy and tax rules
- Monitoring sickness records to trigger relevant monitoring process with senior management
- Accurately processing of SMP, SLP, SSP, Company sick pay schemes and tax adjustments and payment to the Tax Office, as appropriate
- Ensuring all unpaid absences are deducted appropriately
- Pension management (auto enrolment & GPP)
- Producing of payroll reports each Period for accounting purposes
- Distributing of payslips and P60s for all employees
- Handling year end duties and process P11Ds
- Dealing with all payroll-related queries from employees and external contacts including the Tax Office
- Keeping up-to-date with payroll legislation and terminology including SMP, SSP, Tax, NI, Court Orders and Attachments of Earnings and calculate where required
- Filing of all documentation as appropriate
- Proven payroll experience and the ability to process the payroll end to end
- Ideally qualified or studying towards CIPP (will consider candidates with the right experience)
- A broad understanding of Payroll and HR legislation and processes
- Confident and proficient in using computerised payroll databases
- Experience of similar sized payroll (currently 1000 staff and growing)