Junior Industrial Design Engineer
Do you have experience of creating 3D CAD drawings? Want to learn and grow with a long-established business as a Junior Industrial Design Engineer? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
Our client is an innovative manufacturer of solutions to enable safer electrical environments. Their electrical protection, control and safety technologies are known in heavy industries across the world for their high performing nature.
They are now looking for a Junior Industrial Design Engineer to join their small, close-knit team in Manchester.
From day one, you will have the chance to get involved with the product development process and make your mark within the business.
You'll receive on-the-job training and mentoring to increase your skill-set, enhance your design expertise and ensure that you succeed as part of our client's small and talented team.
For the right candidate, there will be excellent opportunities to rapidly move into a more senior position, making this the ideal role in which to build a rewarding career.
- In this varied role, you'll liaise with all levels, from the shop floor to the MD, to improve original concepts and product high quality CAD drawings.
- You'll ensure that drawings match the design intent, taking cost-effectiveness and tolerance build-up into consideration.
- Produce clear manufacturing and assembly drawings using 3D CAD
- Understand, interpret and enhance the original drawings
- Work with suppliers to redesign assemblies for cost-effectiveness
- Contribute to researching new manufacturing processes and suppliers
- Experience of creating 3D CAD drawings, gained in your studies, a commercial environment or similar
- At a minimum, an HNC level qualification, ideally a degree, in an electrical and/or mechanical discipline
- Strong team-working skills
- Great problem-solving abilities
- A positive attitude
- Benefits package including pension and holiday
- Modern, open plan offices in an industrial building with a rich history
- The chance to learn from a highly-skilled, experienced team
- Smart casual dress code