We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky Sports has changed the face of sport in the UK over the last 22 years and has dramatically expanded the quantity, quality, depth and variety of top-class live sport on TV. We’re proud to be a company of firsts, and Sky Sports has had a major impact on how sport is covered on TV, pioneering new techniques such as HD, 3D, interactivity, steady-cam and super-slo-mo which are now industry standard. Through our experts and support programmes, we’ve brought a new level of commentary and analysis, enhancing understanding and enjoyment.
- Reporting to the Senior Production Assistants, you will be collaborating with the producers, senior producers, directors and senior directors to help deliver the very best output possible.
- You will be used to a fast paced sports programming environment from which you will have gained an excellent understanding of both studio based shows and outside broadcasts.
- You will keep the presenters and production team to a running order, coordinating programme timings, running orders and maintaining music returns.
- Attention to detail is a must as you will be checking promos and accurately inputting VT and running orders.
- Production administration, coordinating running orders and maintaining production/project databases
- Keep the presenters and production team to a strict running order
- Co-ordinating programme timings, maintaining music returns and preparing and monitoring working schedules
- Daily diary management, collating reports, checking/managing legal and compliance issues, alongside the administration of invoices and purchase orders through Sky’s accounts payable system
- Develop key working relationships with other Production Assistants promoting sharing of ideas, ensuring cross-functional collaboration
- Create a high performing culture that encourages collaboration and creativity and empowers people to succeed, making sound decisions that always focus on what matters to our customer
- Influence the behaviour of others by leading by example and demonstrating our Values and the Sky Leadership Behaviours
- Embrace and drive through continuous change and improvement, collaborating effectively with colleagues across the group and being an ambassador for Sky Sports at all times
- An understanding of iNews
- First rate communication skills are key as you will be liaising with Transmission, VT and the gallery production team during live broadcasting
- Previous experience of working as a Gallery Production Assistant or similar position
- Strong IT skills in Word and Excel