Accounting Placement at the I Do Festivals Group
The I Do Festivals Group is now a year old! It is an expansion and merger of the multi award winning Wedding Festival Company and The Corporate Festival Company along with the acquisition of marquees, glamping, The Swine Waiter and The Street Food Catering Company.
We now offer over 80% everything directly in-house that our clients require to hold boutique festivals. We plan, run and manage the events from start to finish. We are a top end brand offering a prestigious service to our valued clients.
We have an opening for 1 accounting students, to work for us to assist them with the completion of their degree.
You will join a hardworking and dynamic team that are further developing the brand into a fast-moving industry.
The role is administration based and you will be based in Fareham in Hampshire for five days a week. The remuneration would be £5,000 for 30 weeks, beginning in June (start date in June TBC).
As an expanding company, we are looking to attract hard working ambitious students that we can develop through our business, with the opportunity for the right person to step into a full-time role. This full-time role will have clear paths for development within it. Below is a description of jobs you can expect to perform when interning for us!
- Collating weekly invoice runs
- Uploading of invoices and payments to the accounting system
- Reconciling and coding income and expenditure on the accounting system
- Running payroll on the accounting system
- Paying suppliers
- Working with the FD to report accurate P&L & cash flow
- Running management reports
- Running error reports
- Assessing P&L on costed jobs
- Submitting costings and P&L for sign-off (MD/FD)
- Keeping accurate records of customer’s payments v customer payment plans
- Keeping accurate records of supplier payment vs. customer’s payment plans
- Assisting FD with the ongoing development of the finance department, its ways of working, processes and safeguards
- Assisting the FD with any other activity as required