PepsiCo GO Trendsetter challenge: Insights & Digital, Marketing Graduate Programmes
Forever wondered what it’s like to work for a brand powerhouse? Are the words “Innovation, Insights and Digital” appealing to you? With over 20 global megabrands, such as Pepsi, Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Walkers/Lay’s, PepsiCo has a well-earned reputation for Brand Marketing expertise.
Through this challenge, you now have the opportunity to join forces with PepsiCo, reflect on our quest to discover the next big food or beverage movement and be in with the chance of winning a high-tech gadget – or even being offered an exciting new graduate position within our Insights or Digital teams across Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa.
In an increasingly connected – and curious – world, today’s delicacy is tomorrow’s craze. We’re looking for analytical experts and marketing maestros who can shake up our industry and spark a movement.
The challenge is simple spot trends: If you were given $100,000 by PepsiCo to tap into the next big food and beverage trend, what would you focus on, how you would you harness that trend and take your idea to market? That might be a new product or flavour – but it could also be something broader, like eco-friendly sourcing, the slow food movement or sustainable packaging.
Be a trendsetter – the challenge outline
- Alright then, let’s get down to business. The challenge consists of 3 stages, running from January 15th to end of April 2018.
- First stage is about registering on our website and sharing your trendsetting ideas with us.
- Your health and nutrition business may focus on specific products, new flavours, but could also be offering eco-friendly sourcing, sustainable farming solutions, virtual reality…. Dare to be innovative; maybe you’ll even see your idea going live one day!
- In the second stage, the best ideas will be taken forward to further develop your business plans, in this stage, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a PepsiCo mentor who will support you in this development phase.
- Finally, once you pass the last stage, the finalists trendsetters will be invited to join our final event celebration and potentially become the overall winner of the challenge!
Choose your specialism
- It takes two things to be a trendsetter.
- On the one hand, you need the ability to analyse data, spot emerging patterns, and use them to tell a compelling story.
- On the other, you need the creativity and entrepreneurial streak to turn your insights into business strategy. Just remember…
- If you decide to go Digital, you’ll need to show you understand evolving digital marketplaces and different channels within your business launch strategy.
- If you take an Insights route you will need to clearly articulate the trend and its implications for PepsiCo in a compelling way – and show how that leads to your business plan.
- Are creative, curious forward-looking and with a strong entrepreneurial streak
- Have the ability to get going quickly – with a drive for results
- See the connections in data, trends, events, and able to bring to life in a compelling, action focussed way
- Convert complexity into simplicity, emphasising the broad picture and picking out key detail
- Have commercial instincts to understand key business drivers
- Strong listening and influencing skills, actively seeking and understanding the input of others to gain alignment to ideas
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Eligible to work permanently in UK, Spain, France, Benelux, Romania, Serbia, Greece, South Africa or Russia.
- The PepsiCo Go Trendsetter challenge offers you a unique opportunity to have a look into our fast-paced world.
- It will give you a good understanding of what PepsiCo is all about and an opportunity to get to know our people, our culture, our ways of working by experiencing it yourself!
- At the end of the challenge, we have various jobs to offer in our Graduate Programmes across Europe and South Africa as well as some digital gadgets to the overall winners!
- A career at PepsiCo is fast paced; with challenging work, comes creativity, innovation and outstanding opportunities.
- Inspiring leaders are always at hand.
- You can take on big challenges and do something extraordinary; working with a large portfolio of well-known and loved brands.
- Discover more about the possibilities at PepsiCo through this Trendsetter Challenge on our website.