Google EmployAbility Software Engineer Graduate roles 2018, Europe and North America
5 days left
- Full Time
Google is not a conventional company, and they don’t intend to become one. True, they share attributes with the world’s most successful organisations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as they continue to grow, they’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, they know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to their success.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. They hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Our products need to handle information at the the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day.
- As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
- As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Develop Android apps and embedded systems, client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, Play Movies, etc.), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers), internationalization.
- Write server and client-side code for web-based applications using AJAX and similar technologies, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field. (Desirable)
- Strong object-oriented skills. (Desirable)