Graduate Quantity Surveyor
At Ridge and Partners, we offer client care and advice that very few, if any can match. Our Cost Management team fully embrace this philosophy by drawing on the vast amount of knowledge, expertise and experience gained from developing partnerships with private and public sector clients and supply chain partners from all around the world, working on over 70 long-term framework agreements.
And due to our continuing success and growth, we are now looking for our next talented Graduate Quantity Surveyors to join our Cost Management team based at our Winchester office.
- Advise on costs involved in building projects
- Evaluation of costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Advise on contract arrangements and conditions under which buildings will be constructed
- Evaluation of tenders and reporting thereon
- Provide advice on implications of different construction methods, materials etc
- Prepare bills of quantities
- Prepare final accounts
- Degree qualified (or to be qualifying this summer) RICS approved
- To be successful as a Quantity Surveyor you will have a relevant RICS accredited degree and ideally experience or knowledge of the building and construction industry.
- As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor at Ridge and Partners will need to demonstrate the desire and drive to becoming a Chartered Quantity Surveyor which will be fully supported by the company (the national Ridge APC support process) and the Winchester Team.
- At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded
- 25 days holiday and study leave
- Private Healthcare
- A permanent contract from day one
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 580 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.