Sport/Leisure Recreation Assistant
We have an opportunity for a Sport/Leisure Recreation Assistant (Bank) to join the team based at our Chichester Campus on a variable hours (Bank) basis. You will receive a competitive hourly rate of GBP8.49 per hour. This role will be used to cover for weekends, evenings and hours during the day for our Holiday club programme.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Sport/Leisure Recreation Assistant (Bank) you will to be a highly motivated enthusiastic team player who is confident in working with children of all ages.
- Monitoring that each area of activity is used in the correct manner. If there are any questions direct them towards the Duty Officer.
- Setting up, maintaining and dismantling equipment according to the schedules of activities taking place.
- Cleanliness of the Sports Centre and associated areas and changing facilities.
- GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Experience in the leisure industry and coaching sports with children of mixed ages
- Keyboard and IT skills, including use of email
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Sports related qualification (Level 2 or higher) and Playwork/Childcare/Teaching qualification are desirable
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers' final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman's Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College's Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.