Lead Worker Opportunities (Mental Health)
6 days left
- Full Time
We are a leading provider of mental health services in Birmingham and the West Midlands.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join us as Lead Workers.
The Birmingham Changing Futures Together programme is funded by Big Lottery's Fulfilling Lives initiative and led by Birmingham Voluntary Service Council (BVSC), and works with service users and organisations to shape how services are delivered to vulnerable people with multiple needs.
Birmingham Mind is looking to recruit Lead Workers. Birmingham Mind is in partnership with Shelter and Sifa Fireside for the Birmingham Changing Futures Together Programme. Shelter will take the lead and day to day management of the role.
- Lead and shape a service aimed at providing intensive support to individuals with entrenched multiple needs of homelessness, mental health, substance misuse and offending behaviour.
- Provide a key worker approach of support to a small group of clients with multiple needs.
- Engage clients who have long disengaged from existing services, using a variety of techniques and approaches to build relationships and develop support plans.
- Work alongside Peer Mentors who, as former service users, will be there to provide additional advice and support to the client.
- Proven experience of working with people with mental health issues.
- The commitment to champion the latest development and approaches in support work and undertake the training and development necessary to become an expert in this field.
- A proactive and resilient approach, a confident and influential way of communicating and the ability to lead change and improve performance
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
- an attractive defined contribution pension scheme, Paycare which offers employees affordable cover for a range of healthcare treatments, an Employee Assistance Programme which includes free counselling, Childcare Vouchers and a comprehensive training programme.