Investment Services Administrator
A permanent opportunity has arisen within our Investment Services department in OMW.
Working within a cross functional Investment Services Support team, we are looking for candidates with a desire and ability to understand the detail behind the processes that they will be supporting. An aptitude for problem solving, strong analytical and numerical skills, the drive to continually develop your skills and knowledge and the ability to communicate technical information to a varied audience will be useful in this role. This role will be varied and challenging but is a fantastic opportunity as the right candidate will have the opportunity to develop subject matter expert knowledge of the dealing, pricing, settlement, valuation production and distributions processes with the potential to explore the technical career path offered by Old Mutual Wealth.
This role is within Old Mutual Wealth’s Investment Services department based in Southampton. We offer an environment that encourages every member of our team to be innovative and challenge the status quo. Our roles can provide the right candidate with the opportunity to shape their own development, learn about all the processes involved in administering our fund range and develop skills that are the essential building blocks of a successful career.
From vetting funds before they are launched on our platform, to placing trades in the market, to processing income dividends and rebates back to our customers’ policies, our roles offer a variety of challenges and opportunities that can lead to a rewarding career with Old Mutual Wealth.
The Investment Services department provides a first class Fund Administration service to Old Mutual Wealth UK Business Units and other Old Mutual Wealth Group Customers. The department currently operates 7 Fund platforms with Funds Under Management of approximately £127.3bn (as at 30 Jun 2017)
- Technical competence in all aspects of own function and solid appreciation of other Investment and Client Services Functions. To include an awareness of Industry best practice in own function and a comprehension of current industry initiatives.
- Work with the supported Investment Services teams to ensure the delivery of operational processes in accordance with the agreed procedures and service standards. Demonstrating an awareness of cross functional and customer impacts.
- Contributing to complex query resolution for own and supported functions, being accountable for service provided and timely communication.
- Competent in the use of Investment and Corporate systems relevant to own role and awareness of all Old Mutual Wealth Investment systems and contingency practices.
- Good understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) within functional area and detailed knowledge of control points or mechanisms, supporting the department’s commitment to a strong 1st line of defence.
- Demonstrating understanding of Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations relating to Investment Services functions. (e.g. Training & Competence, Client Money rules)
- Contributing to the escalation of issues and risk events, developing recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Understanding of own and supported team’s exceptional and contingency practices, assisting with regular reviews to ensure no compromise to standards.
- Contributing to root cause analysis work to establish trends, identify process improvement ideas and mitigate risk.
- Supporting the OMW customer principles by escalating any issues identified through day-to-day work which might result in customer detriment or treating customers unfairly. Ensure local adherence to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles through the application of the department TCF policy and related procedures.
- Responsible for undertaking corporate training packages to ensure own knowledge is up to date with reference to anti-money laundering, Financial Crime rules etc. Ensuring all reporting is completed in line with company guidelines.
- Understanding the teams Business Continuity (BCP) plans, corporate levels of disaster and critical staff. Supporting own team in testing or during an incident.
- Provide coaching, training and support to staff members across the department. Taking responsibility for training material and demonstrating an awareness of learning styles to maximise learning experience. Responsible for providing overviews to colleagues or external parties as requested by line manager.
- Take responsibility to prioritise own work effectively to optimise service standards.
- Understanding of customers and suppliers needs and expected team service as defined within service level agreements.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Awareness of TCF principals and impact on end customer within team responsibility.
- Knowledge of team performance measures and service standards. Able to report on team’s monthly service and provide input to action plans to make recommendation for solutions.
- Seek solutions to improve efficiencies within team giving consideration for cross team impacts.
- High level understanding of Old Mutual Wealth’s Vision and appreciation of departmental goals.
- Champion and embrace a culture of customer service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Take responsibility for own personal development, actively identifying new areas of learning via newly gained knowledge and skills on the job. Leading development discussions with line manager.
- You may, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature in other teams or departments that fall within your capabilities as requested by your line manager.
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
- Collaborate with peers across the Organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
- Demonstrate an ability to innovate
- Educated to A level standard or relevant industry experience
- Educated to degree level (Desirable)
- IAQ qualified / part qualified or CF1 qualified (or equivalent industry qualification). (Desirable)
- Knowledge of MS Office products, in particular MS Excel.
- Aptitude for, and experience of, solving complex numerical problems.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Understanding of FCA Regulatory impacts and reporting requirements.
- Previous Investment Services experience within a financial services environment. (Desirable)
- Awareness of processes within Investment Services. (Desirable)
Access to a great range of offers and discounts from well-known retailer
- Season ticket loans
- The ability to buy and sell holiday
- Bonus – most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company and personal performance
- Pension Scheme – non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Private medical insurance
- A flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.