National Graduate Leadership Programme 2018
Is it fair that children growing up in social housing are 37% more likely to become victims of crime? Or that the poorest neighbourhoods are more likely to have the highest rates of crime? Don’t you think it’s time we changed the story?
Police Now recruits and trains outstanding graduates, so they can help transform society as police officers on the frontline. The challenge is unique. The environment is fast-paced. If you care about making society better, apply for Police Now’s two-year national graduate leadership programme.
Join us. Change the story.
We are delighted that you are considering applying, and are engaged with our mission to transform communities, reduce crime and increase the public’s confidence in policing.
Please read the following before you apply:
- Due to the nature of the role you will appreciate the need to have a probing application form. Please be assured that you can pause, save and return to your application at any point and it does not have to be completed in one sitting.
- However, please be aware the interest in the role, especially for certain forces, has been extremely high so we advise you to complete your application as soon as possible. Each force will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis and may be filled before the closing date.
- When completing this application form, you will need to have your passport, driving licence (if applicable), national insurance number and degree certificate or transcript (if you are yet to graduate) to hand.
- You will also need to be able to take pictures of any tattoos you may have.
- You are strongly advised to ensure that following your initial application you have appropriate availability, access to a computer or mobile device, internet connection and check your email account and telephone on a frequent basis.
- Please ensure that your email address and contact telephone number are valid throughout the recruitment process. Email will be the primary method of communication so it is advised not to use a university email address that could be deactivated.
- This online application form is for new police officer applications via Police Now only and should not be used by those wanting to transfer between police forces or return to policing.
We are currently recruiting for the following forces:
- Bedfordshire Police (full, manual driving licence required)
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary (full, manual driving licence required)
- Devon & Cornwall Police (full, manual driving licence required and ability to swim)
- Dorset Police (full, manual driving licence required)
- Essex Police (full, manual driving licence required)
- Hertfordshire Constabulary (full, manual driving licence required)
- Humberside Police (full, manual driving licence required)
- Metropolitan Police Service (you must have lived in one of London's 32 boroughs for at least three of the last six years or currently be studying your undergraduate degree at a London university)
- Northumbria Police
Please note that if you are successful to conditional offer, you need to be available to attend our Spring Induction, provisionally being held on Thursday 5th April 2018, as well as able to start the Programme in July 2018.