Native is looking for an editor to take control of the Southampton branch of our student-driven music and events magazine.
- As Editor, you will have overall responsibility for the content we publish. You will have the final say.
- Your role will involve everything from writing features and liaising with members of Southampton's vibrant music scene, to managing our team of student writers, to publishing the finished products on our website and social pages.
- You’ll be in the thick of the music and events industry - which means you’ll need to be confident meeting promoters, venue managers, and artists, and you’ll need to know your stuff.
- This is an independent role, which we expect to take up 4-6 hours a week. You’ll be working when it suits you, and you’ll get to go to as many events as your heart desires.
- We’re looking for an outgoing, hard-working, and talented student who is looking to get involved in music journalism. This is your chance to join the most exciting music startup in the country.
- The ideal candidate is someone who is already active in Southampton's music or student communities - whether that’s because you’re a society president, or you run a music blog in your spare time, or both.
- A love of music and events
- A good working knowledge of your city’s nightlife scene
- Excellent written english
- An eye for detail
- Experience writing copy / your own blog is desirable
- Experience in publishing/editorial is desirable
- Experience managing a team is desirable
- Knowledge of Photoshop / other photo editing software is desirable
- Free tickets to gigs and festivals (lots)
- Flexible hours
- 24 hour help and support from the Native team
- Access to real world connections in the music/media industry
- Full credit for all your work (duh)
- A portfolio of all of your written work at your request
- Incredible experience working in an expanding tech/music/media company.