Junior Buying Manager Programme
As an exceptional graduate, you will join our Junior Buying Manager Programme which is a structured training programme, providing you with the skills and experiences to develop into a competent Buying Manager in the future.
- You begin your journey in one of our operational regions spread throughout the UK to develop your operational understanding of our stores, regional distribution centres and overall supply chain.
- After this, you will join the buying department in head office where you will begin your training with an experienced Buying Manager.
- Your role will be to support the Buying Manager in the management of their product categories, helping to drive success and category development.
- In this role you will understand and learn what it takes to be a successful Buying Manager, alongside developing your operational and management skills for your future role within the Buying team.
- Additionally, as part of your training programme there will be an opportunity for you to work within an international buying department in another Lidl country. This will provide you with an all-encompassing buying experience and place you firmly within the international buying network of Lidl.
- After you have returned from your international experience you will continue your in-depth category training with one of our experienced Buying Managers.
- If you show us that you have what takes, your next step would be to take on more responsibility in a specialist area of Buying, and even take on your own product category.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree (obtained or predicted)
- Full UK clean driving license
- Fluent in English is essential
- German language is preferred but not essential
- Highly commercially focused with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and self confidence
- Extremely organised with plenty of common sense
- You must be able to thrive under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- If you are dynamic, have entrepreneurial flair, an eye for detail, genuine management ambitions and the confidence to thrive in a fast paced environment, this could be the perfect
- A salary of £36,000 per annum pro rata
- Fully expensed company car (optional)
- 35 days’ holiday (pro rata) per year
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% store discount
- Access to Team Lidl Rewards (National Partnership Discounts)