Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant
A National Property Management Company are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant to work within their Finance team. The main purpose of the role will be to provide Administrative and Accounting support to the Client Accountants. The ideal candidate will be someone nearing completion of their AAT level 4 / CIMA certificate, or a graduate who is about to start professional level qualifications. The company can offer the successful candidate study support and career progression / development opportunities.
- Working within a medium sized team of other Assistant Accountants, the role is varied and will typically involve general accounting and administrative duties in the following areas: year end accounts; budgets; quarterly reports; customer correspondence and system set-up.
- Ideally educated to 'A' Level standards (or equivalent), with minimum GCSE grades A-C in English & Maths.
- Completed / nearly completed AAT Level 4 / CIMA Certificate or QBE
- Ideally Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Must have some experience of working within an office based environment
- Sound understanding of double entry book keeping
- Basic knowledge of prepayments & accruals
- General understanding of UK GAAP
- Must have intermediate computer skills in Microsoft packages, especially Excel, including data manipulation, Vlookup formulas and pivot tables
- Attention to detail, numerate with excellent admin and data entry skills.