Retail Management Scheme
We want to make Majestic the only place people think about when they want to buy wine. So, if you’ve got a passion for wine, customers and operational excellence, we want you to apply and start an exciting and ambitious journey to become a Majestic retail leader.
In January, February and March 2018 we will be looking to start Trainee Managers and Assistant Managers into our stores in Central, South and West London and with the right skills and attributes there is nothing to stop you from being a Store Manager in as little as 12 months!
- Delivering exceptional service to every customer, in-store and out on deliveries in our vans, so they keep coming back.
- Using your growing wine wizardry to help us dispel the belief that wine is a pompous product, bring wine to life and help our customers find and buy wines they love.
- Helping to run a smooth operation, ensuring your store is spick and span, fully stocked and a great place to shop.
- Being a team player and contributing to your store success and sales targets.
- Learning. With plenty of hands on experience and regular visits to the Support Centre, we’ll arm you with all the knowledge you need to become a future retail guru. As for wine, through training, tastings and study we’ll give you all the tools and support you need to sit the WSET Level 2, and pass with flying colours to become a fully fledged wine wizard.
- Show us you can do it, and after a successful 12 months and completion of your WSET 2, you’ll be well on your way to achieving that promotion. We have brand new intensive training programmes in place in store, and at our support centre, to make the most of your desire and ambition.
- Our people come from all walks of life.You could be a fresh graduate, a seasoned retail or hospitality professional or someone looking for a total career change. But there’s a few things that they all have in common.
- People people. A natural leader, you’re humble, more than happy to roll your sleeves up and muck in, and you enjoy working hand in hand within a close-knit team. And of course you like having fun.
- Customer champions. You live, think and breathe customer.
- Wine lovers. You certainly don’t have to be an expert, but you have a real enthusiasm for learning about wine, and sharing that with our customers and your team.
- Natural salespeople. People want to buy from you.
- Doers. You have a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability. You make things happen.
- Determined. Retail is hard work, it suits active people. You love and crave working relentlessly hard, and do it with a sparky, gutsy, determination.
- Flexible. So you can take full advantage of the opportunities to progress by working in different stores.
- Smart. You have a degree or relevant qualification in any subject, or proven relevant work experience.
- Good drivers. You have held a full driving license (that’s valid in the UK) for at least 12 months, and are over twenty years old.
- Committed. From working busy weekends to studying for industry-recognised wine qualifications, it’s a long way from a Monday to Friday, 9 till 5 desk job.
- Passionate. We’re a customer business, a retail business, a wine business and a people business. We love all 4, and you will too.
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- 20% staff discount, for you and two of our family or friends, free lunch Fridays
- Store bonus schemes
- Industry Leading Training and WSET Qualification/s, invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Free shares to share in the future success of the business
- Life Assurance (3 x salary)