Events Assistant Placement 2018
Awesome Events is a corporate events company based in London, who have been established for over 15 years. Working within Awesome Events would include experience working on projects including large corporate Christmas parties and conferences, gaining an insight in to the London venues industry. Awesome run six large Christmas party venues and two Summer party venues which include catering and bar operations, theming and entertainment.
The role is a sales and operations role and will provide hands on, first class experience in a medium sized London events company.
- Active sales and new business generation
- Answering calls and handling client enquiries
- Assisting senior members of the team on enquiries
- Researching and preparing client quotations
- Liaising with various suppliers and venues
- Dealing with all aspects of certain client bookings from initial enquiry to event execution
- Financial responsibility for your clients – invoicing, taking and making payments
- Working on live events (please note these are often out of office hours including weekends)
- Involvement in venue management of our temporary structures – this can include direct client contact and crisis management
- General office duties
- Good IT skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good personal presentation
- Good organisational skills
- Confident in speaking to both clients and suppliers
- Self motivated and shows initiative
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent telephone sales skills required
- A willingness to learn, to be competitive and to get involved with the team
- The role will require applicants to move to London and be part of a hard working team.