Graduate Management Programme
Applications for the 2018 Firmdale Hotels Graduate Management Programme commencing in April and September are now open.
- This programme represents a fantastic opportunity to pursue your career in hospitality whilst working for an award winning, industry leading company. Our Graduate Management Programme is designed for ambitious and highly motivated people, passionate about a career in hospitality.
- The two year programme is separated into two nine month placements; one in Food & Beverage and one in Rooms division, taking place in two different hotels, progressing to a Supervisory role for the last 6 months of the programme. The Programme is flexible with a fast track option for those that are excelling.
- Housekeeping, Reception, Concierge, Nights, Reservations, Room Service, Restaurant, Kitchen, Events and Bar. In addition you will get exposure to our hotel support functions and management procedures; Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance and Purchasing.
- As part of the programme, you will take on projects such as organising the annual Staff Summer Party as well as the Graduate recruitment for the following year, giving you the opportunity to work with senior management.
- Degree level qualification
- A strong knowledge of and interest in the hospitality industry
- A personal preference to be hands on and work in a team
- A strong desire to learn and develop, with ambition to progress within the company
- An impeccable attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with the ability to lead and inspire others
- An ability to remain focused and use initiative under pressure
- Excellent personal presentation
- Fluency in the English language
- You will have access to a calendar of workshops covering operational skills, personal development, supervisory skills and Inspirational Service. Bespoke Graduate development days are offered in each quarter of the two year programme.
- Over the course of the programme you will achieve externally recognised qualifications including Food Safety Level 2, First Aid and the Wine and Spirits Educational Trust Intermediate Certificate.
- After the 2 year programme, you will be in a position to a apply for a Supervisor level position and look at growing your career with Firmdale. Previous Graduates are now our Restaurant Managers, Operations Managers, Front Office Managers and even one of our General Managers. Your future within Firmdale could take many exciting directions!
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing one day per years’ service
- Companywide and departmental incentives
- Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
- Award winning training opportunities (WSET, supplier visits, Masterclasses to name a few)
- Quarterly Champagne receptions and annual employee recognition awards
- Employee led committees allow you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
- Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
- Wait, there’s more! Refer a friend bonus, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups