Graduate Manufacturing Production Engineer
To evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly tooling, materials and test procedures to develop, improve and implement operationally excellent manufacturing methods.
- Provide engineering support and problem solving expertise delivered on time and to an appropriate standard.
- Constantly review ways to improve production productivity and application of lean/6 sigma processes.
- Lead, participate in and promote continuous improvement through SMED and lean principles within facility applying a suite of improvement tools such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen Event, Poka Yoke, VSM, 4Q, etc.
- Ensure operational excellence principles are applied at all times.
- Contribute manufacturing technical expertise to new product design and introduction to manufacturing process.
- Plan and Manage specific upgrade and Automation projects to tight timescales
- Resolve technical and QA issues.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment and equipment layout.
- Drive and facilitate advance manufacturing techniques (Automation).
- Provide technical engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI processes.
- Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment.
- Working with colleagues to manage ongoing ‘day to day’ business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects.
- Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings.
- Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation.
- HND/Degree in relevant Engineering subject, preferably mechanical
- Can use 2D/3D CAD to design measure and draw pipework ready so it can be fabricated, have a good idea about Welding, flanges, Pneumatics and valves
- Can produce CAD drawings from an existing process with view to replicating it in different sized pipework
- Good understanding of production processes who could produce manufacturing step by step guides of production processes
- Take on Lean 6 Sigma tasks to rectify production issues
- Understanding of Lean principles and production process mapping
- Can problem solve production issues and come up with Ideas to design and produce Jigs & Fixtures to resolve production issues
- Someone who is mainly mechanical but has a brief understanding of control systems and electrical/software controls
- Familiar with mechanical automation
- Experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing/automation experience (advantageous)
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams, and on solo projects
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills – including CAD, 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (desirable)
- Eligible to work in UK & Europe