Junior Graphic Designer / Page Setter
To work directly with the managers and director of a busy independent publishing company, creating web images, logos, page setting to a house style on tight deadlines. The successful candidate will liaise with the editorial team and answer to the directors. This is a role suited to graduates, juniors or intermediate career level designers. We're looking for someone who knows how to get the most out of InDesign, creating both traditional printed media and modern animated interactive magazine and web experiences.
- Creating logos and graphics to given and pre-existing specification.
- Making creative designs for new publishing projects
- Implementing corporate guidelines and work to existing design templates where appropriate
- Maintaining excellent presentation of designs.
- Implementing amendments to existing designs where required and preparing artwork for print or digital display.
- Page setting client adverts to a pre-existing house style. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing copy changes requested by our clientele.
- Proofing created materials to the directors.
- Create logos and graphics.
- Make creative designs for new publishing projects
- Implement corporate guidelines and work to existing design templates where required.
- Maintain excellent presentation of designs.
- Implement amendments where required and preparing artwork for print or digital display.
- The ability to interpret specification to pre-defined and new styles relative to our marketplace is essential
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Creative design and excellent layout skills
- A good level of English is essential.
- Previous experience in print/digital-print media will be an advantage.
- Possible training and career enhancements on offer for the right candidate.