Graphic Design Placement 2018
Egress are now looking for a Graphic Design Placement Student!
Egress Software Technologies is an award-winning provider of encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information via a single platform. Egress encryption services are currently used by organisations around the world across multiple sectors. We’re proud of our award-winning technology which is the very best in the business. In 2015, we won the ‘Best Security Company of the Year’ at the Cyber Security Awards and more recently we were named ‘Cloud Security Solution of the Year’ at the 2016 Computing Security Awards. In the past year our headcount has doubled and our recruitment efforts in targeting graduates, placement students and apprentices was recognised at Rate my Placement’s 2017 National Undergraduate Employability award where we were shortlisted for the ‘Best Small to Medium-sized Employer’.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering an exceptional opportunity for undergraduates to take part in a 12-month placement in our Graphics & Design department as part of your university degree.
- This temporary role is ideally suited to a candidate with a strong interest in working in in-house graphic design and a will to learn quickly.
- Working within a small design team, you will report to our senior graphic designer, and will be responsible for work across various platforms, including digital media and print design. This role will give the successful candidate an understanding of how graphic design sits within the wider marketing team.
- This position represents an excellent opportunity for the candidate to learn many new skills in Graphic Design and to take on a variety of design projects that are required by modern organisations.
- Artworking (editing and preparing existing artwork for digital/print)
- Print design, such as creating datasheets, posters and white papers etc.
- Digital design, such as web banners and HTML emails
- Web page creation and editing using HTML/CSS
- Some illustration (e.g. infographic design) and limited animation
- Supporting a range of other marketing related activities
- This role will be based in our London office, commencing summer 2018 and will last 12 months.
- An ambition to pursue a career in in-house graphic design
- A willingness to learn studio processes and technical skills, and apply these to your way of working
- Good experience in using Adobe CC products, including reasonable working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in web based digital design, including the ability to code or to be actively learning HTML/CSS
- An interest in editorial design and some evidence of layout ability
- Vector drawing ability, including the ability to effectively utilise bezier curves (the Pen Tool)
- Photo editing ability, including working knowledge of Photoshop layers, masks and curves
- 2D animation experience a bonus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to use initiative and to communicate effectively
- Excellent team working skills and interest in working with various stakeholders
- A keen interest in technology and Cyber Security and the drive to gain experience in these fast-growing industries
- You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
- 25 days annual leave
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
- Free eye vouchers
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Egress perks portal – retail discount scheme
- Company sports teams
- Dress down Fridays
- Friday beer o’clock
- Charity events.