Junior Graphic Designer
Leigh Academies Trust have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our central team from January 2018. Supporting the production of creative campaigns for The Trust’s various clients, ranging from responsive websites and banner advertisements to client literature, branding and advertising, our successful candidate will work closely and collaborate with the Creative Team to merge content and design.
This is a client-facing role where you will meet various clients, discuss their requirements and often take a brief. You will be given guidance on turning the brief into the end product and to take ownership on some projects. You will need to use your initiative, make suggestions where necessary to clients and provide design advice where you feel confident.
Our successful candidate will be an ambitious graduate and have worked within a design capacity since leaving University, keen join a growing design and marketing team, in a brand new role. The pace is fast moving and, with an ever-growing client base, this is a really exciting time to join! Above all else, our ideal candidate will be passionate about design and will emulate this in their role.
You will be working for a highly successful multi-academy Trust, based at our Head Office in Medway. The role may require travel between our multiple sites based between Eltham and Maidstone so having access to a personal car is essential for this role. Please note that work-related travel will be reimbursed on expenses.
Please note that we can also offer this position as an Apprenticeship. Our successful candidate will complete a nationally recognised qualification with a training provider who partner with Leigh Academies Trust. The same job specification applies for the Apprentice and we will support you to develop into this role and get the hands-on experience required. We would expect our candidate to be a passionate individual who wants to develop graphic design skills and start a career in this remit. The starting salary for the Apprenticeship route is £10,000-12,000 per annum + 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Be able to apply strong core design skills to a diverse range of online and offline projects
- Produce beautiful, well-crafted, error-free designs using your creative design flair and possess strong layout skills - using typography, imagery and layout within Indesign
- Be able to take direction and support more senior staff in the delivery of big projects
- Have experience of core Adobe CC packages including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Possess an excellent level of Grammar, giving great attention to detail with the ability to proof-read/edit copy an advantage
- Provide design for print-based projects to include brochures, newsletters, leaflets, branding and identities, with web design skills also an advantage
- Have a great work ethic and attitude and a willingness to learn
- Be looking to further your career within graphic design
- The successful candidate could have a degree or equivalent in graphic design, and show good organisational skills
- You will need to build strong working relationships with your colleagues and be able to work well under pressure and also assist with daily admin duties.
- Creative design flair
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Work with Adobe Creative Suite
- Great work ethic and attitude
- Excellent career progression
- Mentoring and guidance where needed
- A chance to help shape the design and marketing processes
- Opportunity to develop key design skills.