As a leading Personalisation & Gifting brand, My 1st Years are looking to grow their current design team. We are looking for an Assistant Designer who can work across both digital and print briefs. The successful applicant will be assisting and supporting the Lead Designer, Brand Manager and Marketing Team.
- Working from design briefs to create pixel perfect designs
- Working closely with the Lead Designer, as well as the Brand Manager & Marketing team
- Working on a wide range of graphics including:
- Digital content for email marketing and onsite
- Printed promotional material
- Content for social media & blog posts
- Graphics to be printed on products
- POS material for our high-street retail concessions
- And much, much more…
- Communicating and collaborating with other departments, talking about your work and articulating the thinking behind it
- Ensuring that My 1st Years’ creative product continues to be of a high quality
- Meet deadlines while having the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Be actively involved in creating our visual brand and ensuring consistency
- Uploading and maintaining imagery on our website when required
- Proactively contribute and assist wherever required
- A recent graduate looking to develop a successful career as a graphic designer, ideally within the retail sector.
- An outgoing, fun individual with good knowledge of Adobe CC applications: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, along with a strong portfolio of work demonstrating this knowledge
- A relevant Design Degree and/or relevant experience in a design role
- An attention to detail whilst working at a fast pace
- Able to work independently AND collaborate with a small team
- Possess a flexible and “all hands on deck” attitudes
- Able to work within existing brand guidelines and enhancing brand awareness
- Pro-active and able to show initiative and ideas which improve the quality of our creative output
- Some understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) (Desirable)
- An interest in online retail (Desirable)
- Experience on working on bigger projects, where multiple versions or adaptations have been required (Desirable)
- Join a young successful and growing business in the online retail sector with the opportunity of long term career progression and work with an ambitious team in a collaborative environment.
- This role really suits someone who will be excited by the prospect of helping to grow a business and developing their own skill set along the way.