Early Diversity Internship Programme (1 Week)
This internship is available to first-year undergraduates from diverse backgrounds. The 5-day placement in a government department gives you a valuable insight and understanding of what it's like to be on the Fast Stream.
If you're interested in a career in the Civil Service, it's an ideal way to learn in a short space of time if we're right for you. It’s also a great foundation for applying to the Summer Diversity Internship Programme (SDIP).
- You get an opportunity to shadow fast streamers at work and gain a real insight into their role.
- a series of stimulating corporate networking and social events
- an assessment survival workshop with all you need to know about applying for graduate vacancies
- an allocated fast stream buddy
- a closing reception attended by high-profile speakers, such as Civil Service diversity champions and sports stars
- you’re a first-year undergraduate and expecting a 2:2 or higher in any degree subject
- you need to be eligible to work in the UK
You can apply for EDIP if you’re a first-year undergraduate and one or more of the following:
- from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background
- socially or economically disadvantaged
Candidates from these BAME backgrounds can apply:
- Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese or any other Asian background
- African, Caribbean or any other black background
- White and Asian, white and black African, white and black Caribbean or any other mixed ethnic background
- We assess social and economic background using questions based mainly on family background
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx