Early Diversity Internship Programme (1 Week)
This internship is available to first-year undergraduates from diverse backgrounds. The 5-day placement in a government department gives you a valuable insight and understanding of what it's like to be on the Fast Stream.
If you're interested in a career in the Civil Service, it's an ideal way to learn in a short space of time if we're right for you. It’s also a great foundation for applying to the Summer Diversity Internship Programme (SDIP).
- You get an opportunity to shadow fast streamers at work and gain a real insight into their role.
- a series of stimulating corporate networking and social events
- an assessment survival workshop with all you need to know about applying for graduate vacancies
- an allocated fast stream buddy
- a closing reception attended by high-profile speakers, such as Civil Service diversity champions and sports stars
- you’re a first-year undergraduate and expecting a 2:2 or higher in any degree subject
- you need to be eligible to work in the UK
You can apply for EDIP if you’re a first-year undergraduate and one or more of the following:
- from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background
- socially or economically disadvantaged
Candidates from these BAME backgrounds can apply:
- Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese or any other Asian background
- African, Caribbean or any other black background
- White and Asian, white and black African, white and black Caribbean or any other mixed ethnic background
- We assess social and economic background using questions based mainly on family background