Furniture Reuse Development Co-ordinator
SCRATCH is a well-respected local Charity for the relief of hardship based in Southampton.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a new project dealing with the reuse of furniture across Hampshire.
This post will be located at 33 Mount Pleasant Industrial Estate, Southampton, SO14 0SP. The salary is £21,000 for a 35-hour week (to cover 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday).
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum, plus bank holidays. This is an initial 2-year contract (funded by Hampshire County Council), which is subject to review with the aim of creating a permanent position based on the projects achievements.
- Developing the existing furniture provision across Hampshire
- co-ordination of furniture demand and supply across the county
- seeking and securing access to new routes of supply and demand
- identifying and actioning opportunities to realise efficiencies and exploit synergies to meet the aims and objectives of the project
- identifying and securing new income streams and undertaking business development activities to ensure that the Service is sustainable beyond initial two-year funding period
- working with the Local Welfare Assistance line and other appropriate services to meet the needs of residents for furniture
- building new partnerships and working relationships to enhance current provision.
- Responsibility for monitoring the financial impact of the project
- To establish excellent working links with staff from organisations across Hampshire
- To establish and ensure use of furniture stock control system working closely with SCRATCH’s Furniture Manager
- To work with the SCRATCH Volunteer Manager to ensure sufficient volunteer numbers to meet the requirements of the project
- Car owner and driver
- Excellent IT skills (Desirable)
- Familiar with social media platforms (Desirable)
- Excellent Communication and networking skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work within a small staff and volunteer team
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector (Desirable)
- Organisational skills – ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Negotiating skills
- Project management skills (Desirable)
- Able to fulfil the requirements of the service specification
- Flexible and adaptable working practices
- Be sympathetic to SCRATCH’s ethos statement
- Able to provide accurate and timely reports to the project board
- Full induction will be provided (including time on existing SCRATCH projects) and the successful applicant will be expected to undertake any relevant training.
For an application pack, please contact the SCRATCH office on 023 8077 3132 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like an informal chat about this role, please phone Mike Smith on 07768 348145 or e-mail email@example.com