Work Experience: Sky Media
Sky Media is the advertising sales arm of Sky.
Every time you see an advert on one of Sky’s channels or sites (on TV, online or on the go), in an advert break it’s because we put it there – we created the opportunity, sold the airtime space and made it happen. We take the commercial from a brand, and put it in a break where it’ll be seen by the audience they are targeting.
Sky Media represents all of Sky’s channels and sites including Sky Sports, Sky News, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic etc. and also sells on behalf of a range of channels including Channel 5, Discovery, National Geographic, Comedy Central and many more.
Sky Media is one of the UK’s most highly regarded media sales teams, considered by its customers to be knowledgeable, enthusiastic, professional and approachable.
- Through a mixture of work sessions, short presentations, various tasks and a week-long project, we’ll help you to understand how we expose brands large and small to their preferred target audiences, covering over 95% of the UK population.
- At Sky Media we help brands to find and impress their target audiences; we’re here to bring advertising campaigns to life, and to get the best from television, the most effective advertising medium of all.
- If you aspire to a career in media sales, buying or planning, possess good communication skills and enjoy working with others – we’d like to hear from you.
- Our week-long shadow work experience is your chance of first-hand exposure to all of our departments. Your learning experience will start from the moment you join us, and you’ll leave being able to demonstrate what you’ve picked up along the way. You’ll understand how we operate, and will be able to explain to others why we do what we do – and how complex this can be. Your presentation skills will improve too!
- Lunch and travel expenses