Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways.
Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- As a Research Analyst on the Market Insights team, you develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision
- This research will inform future marketing strategy and help businesses to make the most of the web
- Design and implement innovative, unique and robust analyses across internal and external data sources to understand consumer behaviour, media consumption and advertising effectiveness
- Crystalise complex data into simple concepts, marrying your technical and analytical skills with a curiosity and passion for storytelling and marketing
- Collaborate with other analytical and research teams across Google to ensure market insights stays abreast of relevant work in other parts of the organization
- Work with appropriate product/technical teams across Google products to push the limits of what’s possible with our current data sets
- Work with the EMEA Large Advertiser & Agency Marketing (LAAM) team to support their narratives and generate insights for marketing materials and events
- You understand consumers, have analytical horsepower and business judgement
- Define and prioritise research projects that illustrate and support the impact of advertising and media
- Drafting surveys, constructing marketing tests and driving the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies
- You support research stakeholders from sales, marketing and product teams
- Manage relationships with external research agencies
- Help develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision through robust and innovative analysis of internal and external data sources
- You’ll uncover insights and share those with the world, as your work will be highlighted in Google’s most important initiatives, and published in press outlets
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, Operation Research, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with statistical (R, S-Plus, SAS, Python or similar) and database software (SQL or equivalent)
- Analytical experience in a sales and/or marketing environment.
- Experience in a Project Management role
- Have analytical knowledge, keen business judgement, and the ability to define and prioritise analyses to illustrate and support the impact of advertising and media
- Have experience dealing with large and disparate data sets and applying advanced statistical methods to these data sets
- Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in consumer insights or advertising effectiveness research
- Experience in communicating the outcomes of complex analyses to non-technical audiences
- Expertise in a wide variety of methodologies.
- Interest in online advertising, digital media consumption patterns and branding measurement
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills with a high degree of analytical rigor, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with many stakeholders