Professional Trainee Scheme
We’ve grown to become one of the UK's most successful general insurers, with over 3,500 talented people working in our offices nationwide. An award-winning general insurance and financial services organisation, we're proud of our leading status in the UK and even more proud of the relationships we have with our customers. We trade on trust and respect, built up over time, and a truly personal service.
- We have a schemes based within different divisions across the business including Sales, IT, Finance and Customer Services among others. With locations including, York, Bristol, Stratford upon Avon and Regional (sales schemes.)*
- Within each scheme you’ll either rotate through a number of interesting placements and gain different perspectives on that area of the business or stay role specific and work towards a specialist role in a certain area
- Over the length of your scheme, you can look forward to hands-on exposure, to exciting work and valuable professional qualifications relevant to your scheme
- With a dedicated mentor and a great support network including past and present Professional Trainees, you’ll have everything you need to develop a rewarding career
*Customer Services scheme has availability in Bristol. Sales & Agency scheme has availability in the South West.
- Good, relevant degree qualification
- Have an enthusiastic, positive and proactive nature – that’s really important
- Someone who’s keen to learn and get involved
- Will grab hold of opportunities rather than waiting for them to come
- Can pair ambition and determination with excellent team working and people skills
- Be ready to make your mark and thrive on everything the scheme brings your way
- Can effectively collaborate with colleagues and build strong professional relationships at every level, throughout your journey here
- Generous salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company performance related bonus of up to 10% annually
- 25 days’ holiday.
When you submit your application you will be asked to select one or more schemes that you are interested in applying for. You will be asked to take a Numerical and Verbal online test and if successful to record a video interview.
If you are successful at video interview we will then invite you to an assessment centre at one of our offices so that you can get an in depth feel for working at NFUM and also speak directly with potential business areas and line managers whilst also being assessed for your skills and experience.
Assessments centres and final interviews will take place in February, March and April 2018. The Scheme starts in September 2018.