Volunteer Events Coordinator
Volunteering opportunity at Brain Tumour Support
Are you looking for a new challenge this year and would you like to gain some experience in coordinating events?
Brain Tumour Support is a charity dedicated to giving specialist help and support to families facing the often life changing impact of a brain tumour diagnosis. Funded solely through private donations and fundraising events the charity provides a lifeline for patients, as well as their loved ones and carers.
- We are currently looking for a volunteer to work with the Support Team to coordinate and organise several support events in 2018.
- This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved with a growing organisation and gain valuable experience in event coordination and working with a charity.
- What’s more, the work that you do will enable more individuals to hear about the services that we offer, helping them to access support as appropriate.
- Familiarity with Microsoft programmes and email accounts
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a workload
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team
- Highly organised
- Events management experience desirable but not essential
- Valuable experience in event coordination and working with a charity
- Flexible volunteering hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- Reimbursement of agreed expenses
- Access to in-house training sessions as well as opportunities to attend relevant training courses run by Macmillan
- Support within your role
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx