Volunteer Events Coordinator
Volunteering opportunity at Brain Tumour Support
Are you looking for a new challenge this year and would you like to gain some experience in coordinating events?
Brain Tumour Support is a charity dedicated to giving specialist help and support to families facing the often life changing impact of a brain tumour diagnosis. Funded solely through private donations and fundraising events the charity provides a lifeline for patients, as well as their loved ones and carers.
- We are currently looking for a volunteer to work with the Support Team to coordinate and organise several support events in 2018.
- This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved with a growing organisation and gain valuable experience in event coordination and working with a charity.
- What’s more, the work that you do will enable more individuals to hear about the services that we offer, helping them to access support as appropriate.
- Familiarity with Microsoft programmes and email accounts
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a workload
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team
- Highly organised
- Events management experience desirable but not essential
- Valuable experience in event coordination and working with a charity
- Flexible volunteering hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- Reimbursement of agreed expenses
- Access to in-house training sessions as well as opportunities to attend relevant training courses run by Macmillan
- Support within your role