- Copywriting, editing, proofreading of publications produced by the Association, including: Annual Report, biannual briefing for the EU Presidency, monthly e-newsletter, and all UNIFE-coordinated EU project publications
- Working with policy colleagues to draft speeches for the Director General
- Drafting press releases opinion pieces for newspapers, blogs and trade press.
- Developing content across all digital channels: UNIFE website, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Media and social media monitoring. Monitor and flag relevant online and twitter news
- Maintaining a journalist database and conducting various media relations activities
- Supporting the needs of the Technical Affairs unit in the dissemination activities of UNIFE-involved European research projects.
- Supporting the Communications Unit with events and other tasks
- Work experience or Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or Press Relations.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into clear and concise messages.
- Digital native personality and profile.
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Language abilities: Native English speaker with strong English writing abilities.
With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx