Junior Graphic Designer
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: we solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies that defy convention. Communicating with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to protecting our identity, and building on our hard earned reputation. Every contact with our public, and with other Dyson people, must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our team bringing new ideas, new challenge and new innovation.
Dyson HQ, is tucked away in the Wiltshire countryside, our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The growing campus is the heartbeat of Dyson. Benefitting from an onsite Gym, sports pitch, multiple cafes and a nature walk. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
The Image & Identity team reports directly into the Global Creative Director. Its central role is to manage the definition, documentation, training and application of the Dyson Reputation, Visual Identity, Narrative, and Writing Character that will deliver the Dyson Experience. The team is divided into two parts: Brand Graphic Design, who establish and maintain our global design philosophy and standards; and enterprise Communications, who support internal Dyson functions, ensuring that when we present
Dyson as an entity, we do so in a consistent and in the appropriate way.
- This role will work specifically with our charity, the James Dyson Foundation, and our new university course, The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- You will work closely with the JDF communications team to create clear and engaging communications and professional internal business administration templates for documents/forms/presentations/intranets.
- You will be responsible for helping define and protect how we visually present these parts of our organisation, ensuring we do so in a way that is both relevant to the audience, and in line with our customer facing identity.
- We’re looking for a technical designer, who can execute from day one.
- You must have excellent understanding of grids and type, and be able to understand and interpret data in order to best communicate it in a clear and visually engaging way. Storytelling plays a big part in how we communicate at Dyson.
- You may be required to write your own copy, so you must be able to string a sentence together – preferably without any spelling mistakes!
- You will have a degree or equivalent in Graphic Design and you must be proficient in –InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- An understanding of moving image software would be desirable, although not essential.
- And if you don’t already use it, you’ll need to get to grips with PowerPoint.
- You should be enthusiastic and take pride in your work. We’ll be setting the benchmark for graphic design at Dyson, so everything we do has to be perfect.
- You’ll be comfortable voicing your opinions and be able to articulate your ideas – as well as present your work confidently and intelligently as you will be working directly with senior stakeholders throughout Dyson.
- You will need to be tenacious and resilient, comfortable managing your own time and workload whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions.
- Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance.
- But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career.
- Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
- And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.