Trainee ABA Tutors
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for the people who work with them and support for their families and carers. We run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and the beginnings of an Early Years’ service.
To read more about BeyondAutism Schools, please visit www.beyondautismschools.org.uk
- You will provide excellent ABA/VB teaching to children and young people with autism and associated learning difficulties
- You will be based in a class of approximately eight pupils, working with pupils both individually and in small groups
- You will be responsible for teaching individual and small groups of children a personalised curriculum, using teaching techniques based on the principles of ABA/VB
- You will need to be creative, energetic and committed to engaging a pupil whilst monitoring their progress
- You will support the team in ensuring the daily needs of our pupils are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun school environment
- We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our mission of empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives.
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Above all, be passionate and committed to the development of the pupils within the school.
- You will need to be willing to learn and work under the supervision of the Supervisors, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers
- We also welcome applications from experienced ABA Tutors who have completed training
- You must have an interest in working with children with special needs including autism
- Be educated to A Level or recognised child care qualification
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges and demands of the role
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable)
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education
- A range of fantastic staff benefits
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training
- Starting salary of £16,000 during probationary period, £17,000 once confirmed in post, £18,000 after twelve months service, increasing to £20,000 depending on performance
We usually recruit on a half termly basis. If you were offered employment your start date would be in September, mid-October, January, mid-February, April or mid-June (subject to staffing).
The selection process will involve:
- A clear demonstration on the application form that you meet the requirements of the role.
- A 30 minute interview with a Supervisor and a member of the HR Department.
- A supervised play session with one of our pupils.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.