Audit Graduate Trainee
As an Audit Trainee, your role is to provide an unbiased analysis of the client’s financial records and test these records in accordance with accounting standards. These accounting standards form an integral part of your studies.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
During your first year, you will support an audit senior at client premises. The senior will assign you work throughout the time you are onsite and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
- Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices, payroll records, bank balances and statements.
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information.
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Utilise audit software.
- Attend client meetings and social activities.
- Attend in-house technical training as required.
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills.
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Produces accurate and timely work.
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas.
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge.
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development.
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your three best A-levels and excluding general studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths.
- Life assurance.
- Income protection insurance.
- Shopping-discount platform.
- Discounted phone contracts.
- Gym membership.
- Interest free season ticket loan.
- We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification.
- You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.