Student Ambassador Programme
The British Foreign Policy Group (BFPG.co.uk) is an independent not for profit organisation committed to developing a constructive, imaginative and truly national engagement on the UK's foreign policy opportunities.
The BFPG aims to establish a team of Student Ambassadors to represent the BFPG in universities and promote our mission on their campuses. At each affiliated university, we aim to hold a large event on an aspect of British foreign policy.
- Head Ambassador: Leading the team
- Editor: Producing and collecting articles for our website.
- Communications Manager: Social media, advertisement and technology.
- At each affiliated university, the BFPG will hold a large event that addresses an aspect of British foreign policy. Ambassadors will assist with event organisation and promotion.
- Ambassadors will contribute written pieces and other content on topical foreign policy issues for the BFPG website and other online platforms.
- With the guidance of the BFPG and its network, Ambassadors will organise a series of constructive and balanced events on foreign policy issues amongst the student body and wider local community.
- Participate in workshops and training days.
- Previous experience is not required.
- But we are looking for ambitious, highly organised and committed candidates.
- Be able to commit to working on this project throughout the academic year from approximately the end of October (precise dates TBC including a welcome day for Head Ambassadors).
- A keen interest in foreign policy issues.
- Someone who who is able to balance their own views with an understanding of the need for participatory and constructive dialogue on critical issues.
- Experience leading group activities or involvement in leading a society would be an advantage.
- This application is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students of any degree discipline.
- Opportunity to develop and demonstrate crucial skills (e.g. event management, leadership, marketing, writing and editing).
- Networking opportunities and other careers focused events and facilities
- Opportunity to participate in skill-specific workshops run by specialists (e.g. policy writing workshop, public engagement on policy issues).
- Attend training days and seminars run by high- profile academics, politicians and private and public organisations.
- The BFPG will provide a reference to successful ambassadors.
- Ambassadors will have the opportunity to visit the BFPG in London and potentially attend exclusive foreign policy events.
- Ambassadors will be represented on the BFPG website, and will have the chance to have their articles published alongside those of respected foreign policy experts.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter.