Graduate Entry Training Scheme (GETS)
- By joining us, you will be at the forefront of radical innovation in the delivery of children’s services.
- Working with an authority which is consistently judged as good by Ofsted and has been in the top five per cent of children’s services authorities for the past ten years.
- While the focus is on improving outcomes for children, our social workers are also seeking benefits with more freedom to practice and better work-life balance.
- We genuinely value our social workers as reflected in the competitive basic salary and benefits package we offer and the opportunities to enhance this with market supplements.
- Accelerate your learning and experience as a nearly new or newly qualified social worker (NQSW) through our pioneering Graduate Entry Training Scheme (GETS) – a scheme unique to Hampshire County Council.
- GETS is an entirely new way of supporting our social workers through their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and will ensure you build the very best foundations in skills and confidence to ensure you are fully equipped for the challenges of frontline social work.
- Following an individually tailored induction, as part of this scheme you will undertake secondments with at least three frontline service teams, where you will begin to develop your portfolio, before being appointed to a substantive role. Among the key benefits of our scheme is that you will be able to share your learning and experience with a wide network of peers, as well as call on their support.
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be a social worker at Hampshire County Council. As a top performing Authority, and one of nine selected to be a Department for Education Partner in Practice, we have embarked on an ambitious journey to revolutionise practice and processes to allow social workers greater flexibility in the way that they work.
- Safe and supportive working environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Outstanding leadership and admin support
- Flexible and part-time working options
- Better work-life balance
- Mobile phone and tablet
- A competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Family friendly policies and flexible working options for front line teams
- Mileage reclaim and low interest car loans
- Support for your well-being at work
- Employee support line
- Inclusiveness, diversity and equality