Web Application Developer - PHP
We are looking for a junior PHP developer to join our development team during this exciting period. We are developing an entirely new platform for the volunteering sector and this is your opportunity to get involved at a critical time.
You will have the chance to influence design and development that will make a difference to charities and other voluntary organisations across the country.
This is a permanent role based in Leatherhead, Surrey
- Strong interest in building web-based applications using PHP.
- Object-Oriented and MVC development skills.
- Very good understanding of relational databases such as MySQL.
- Experience using jQuery.
- Experience with source control systems like Git.
- Unit testing experience.
- Experience using Laravel 5+.
- You keep up to date with latest technologies.
- You have a passion for crafting beautiful, simple, maintainable, well documented and tested code.
- You are quick to pick up new work, switch between tasks and refocus as priorities change.
- Your solid task-management skills allow you to keep track of your work and see it through to release without requiring micro-management.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to drive your own work. You see your code through development, testing and on to live deployment. You care about the success of your development and proactively monitor for issues and fix defects after release.
- You are focused and attentive to detail and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are friendly, have great communication skills and enjoy working with a small, highly productive team. You enjoy discussions and collaboratively arriving at the optimal solution.
- 20 days of annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Performance-based bonus and salary review every December.