We are looking for energetic, passionate people who will help make an amazing difference to the lives of 5 young gentlemen on the autism spectrum living in the centre of Southampton.
- Creating great opportunities for the young men living in the house
- Facilitating enhanced independence and choice about the way they wish to live their life
- Providing a high quality and responsive service within a homely environment
- You would also help the young men enjoy fun activities like visiting theme parks, swimming, picnics, trampolining, go karting and more.
- Or if you have a special interest perhaps cycling, arts and crafts or other hobbies we would support you to share your passion at work to enable new experiences.
- You will need to be able to always focus on the needs of the person you are supporting (person-centred), demonstrate empathy, adapt easily to change and create a welcoming environment.
- Working as part of a 24/7 teams you will need to be able to support your co-workers effectively and have good communication skills.
- The Care Certificate qualification, relevant QCF experience of autism, and working with challenging behaviours is desirable.
- However comprehensive training and ongoing support to your development will be provided.
- Shift rota may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights, sleep-ins and bank holidays.
- 31 days leave including bank holidays and your birthday (pro rata).
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Extensive Induction Programme and specialist Training
- Continuous Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Programme